Children’s Sunday School at Mt. Pisgah has something for everyone! Through bible stories, games, crafts, videos, and many other activities, children learn that they are created and loved by God. All children’s Sunday School sessions use United Methodist materials.
Little Wonders Sunday School for preschool children ages 3-5, meets at 9:30am on Sundays in Room 102 (Education building, downstairs). Children learn the stories of faith in a fun and safe environment. These ages use “Deep Blue” United Methodist curriculum and a traditional classroom teaching style.
Wondering Together Sunday School for children in the elementary grades, meets at 9:30am on Sundays in Rooms 202-211 (Education building, upstairs). Children rotate through a variety of interactive workshops as they encounter God’s word for their lives. This age group uses “PowerXpress” rotation model curriculum. Units of study for the coming school year (2016-17) are:
- Joseph (Sept. 11- Oct. 16)
- Out of Egypt: Moses (Oct. 23 - Nov. 20)
- Christmas Messengers (Nov. 27 - Dec. 18)
- Life in Bible Times: Mary & Martha (Jan. 8-29, 2017)
- Jesus Calms the Storm (Feb. 5-26, 2017)
- The Garden of Gethsemane (Mar. 5 - April 9, 2017)
- Living as Caretakers (April 23 - May 14, 2017)
- Peer Pressure (May 21 - June 11, 2017)